What is a bail bond?
A Bail Bond is an insurance policy. Basically, A Easy Way Out Bail Bonds insures the defendants appearance in court until the final disposition of his/her case. Once the underwriting & indemnification of the bail bond is completed, an A Easy Way Out Bail Bonds will present the bond to the court of roper jurisdiction. The bond will be posted & the indemnitors will be directed on how & approximately when the defendant will be released.
What is the difference between a bail and a bond?
When the defendant is initially arraigned the judge will typically set a bail and a bond. These amounts can be different. The bail can be paid directly to the jail in order to ensure the defendants release. The bond is done through A Easy Way Out Bail Bonds, in which case we only require a percentage of the bond amount in order to post the bond.
How much will I end up paying for the bond?
The premium and collateral amounts depend on the amount of the bond. Call now for a free consultation.
What should I bring?
- TWO forms of PHOTO ID – current and valid
- TWO current pay stubs
- Proof of address (utility or electric bill or recent tax return)
Make sure to check with one of our bail administrators that you have all the necessary documentation for your specific case.
What is collateral?
Collateral is something of value used to secure your debt obligation and ensure payment, and certify that the defendant will appear in court as required.
What are the types of acceptable collateral?
- CASH – How much? Depends on the bail amount. Certified Check and/or Money Order.
- PROPERTY – The DEED to a home, along with supporting documents to prove equity and good standing.
- BUSINESS – A business certificate, financial statement and recent bank statement are needed.
- SAVINGS – Passbooks, CD and Stock Options.